Thursday, July 12, 2012

Can't think of a title, so here it is

Another long day.  The day ended with more of an adventure. Ryan was rushed to the hospital as you should know.  He is fine.  No heart attack, though they are not exactly sure as of now what the problem is.  Pray for Ryan's strength and health, the boys and Sarah.  She is so strong.  Never seemed flustered.  I admire that.  Ryan's attitude is great as well.  I'm thankful we are here to be able to help.  That's what the church is for.  That's what family is for.

Today's study went very well again.  Lots of information.  they really care about our spiritual well being, not just our doing.  I like that.  We had a great devotional, then lots of great teaching.  What me and a few others were challenged by was reading of the Old Testament.  It's easy to stay in Psalms and  Proverbs and not go anywhere else.  I'm glad we are doing The Story, but I also need to make that part of my personal reading.  It's amazing that we have the Word of God.  We really need to value it more, myself included.  Muslims believe our Bible is corrupted.  Do we believe that?  Do we believe it's reliable?  If so, we should live like it, and live by it.  To do this we need to know it and know it well.  The speakers here, especially the older ones, have a deep understanding and love for God's word.  That's challenging and contagious. 

We learned about strategic ways we can engage Muslims.  We talked about being diagnostic.  Not everyone is at the same place.  We need to be willing to find out where they are in order to properly prescribe what they need to hear about the Lord.

Ryan wasn't feeling well, so he didn't come with us to Pearl Street.  (And you know the rest).  We were there for a bit.  Erline talked to a woman who believed that her religion was love.  I spoke to a couple of people (who were already Christians), then had to leave.

Be in prayer for this young lady, Ashley.  There are many other people here like her. I hope to find out in the morning that the night was fruitful. 

Time for bed.  I'm listening to the latest But in the  I Know But series on the Church.  I'm thankful for our church family getting us here and praying for us.  I'm thankful that we have family here in Boulder...or actually in Golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment