Monday, July 9, 2012

Long Days


Long Days: 7/8/2012
                For some reason the days seem longer here.  I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s because of the slow pace, or because the the sun doesn’t set till around 9.  I don’t know, but I like it.  It has been great to have Ryan and Sarah and the boys here.  We went to a farmer’s market in Golden yesterday, which was a lot of fun.  We spent most of the day with the Johnsons.  Having them here means a lot.  Today we went to the gym twice! That’s amazing.  We really want to keep up eating right and exercising.
                Church service was nice.  I would like to go there again.  So was the mall area.  We met the other people who will be part of the SIMS conference.  It should be interesting.  The people seem very nice.  We even picked up a guy and took him home because it was raining.  His name is Brad.  Apparently he is a Hindu/Buddhist and he is getting his masters in Contemplative Religions.  It was a short car ride, so the conversation didn't go very far.  I heard this is a liberal place, so we may meet more like him.  I pray that we can be useful while we are here to serve and love the people.
                I pray this trip binds Erline and I closer together and closer to God.  This is our first missions trip together.  And we are on a long and exciting road ahead of us!  I pray we can get closer to the Johnsons, and that they can use this in a great way in London.  Maybe this will be the first of many ministry opportunities with them.  I pray the Lord will show Erline and I where He wants us to go, whether that is London or somewhere else. 
                On another note, the town is very nice, and the mountains are just icing on the cake.  It’s beautiful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment